January 7, 2011

King Louwie's Irie Birthday

# My boyfriend's turning 20 next week and I'm not going to blog for a week since I have exams (and I still have a lot of work to do), so I'm already giving away what his birthday present is going to be: a homemade CD! Why King Louwie's Irie Music? Because his family name is Louwie - the equation with King Louie from Jungle Book is easily made, we like music and I don't like non-personal presents. I sent him his first King Louwie's Irie Music CD (above) when I went to New York for a week with my dad (so I wasn't able to see him for 2 weeks since we live about 100km away from each other). So next week (January 14th to be precise) I'm going to give him his second King Louwie's Irie Music CD, but it's a special one: The Birthday Edition. All the numbers on both the CD's are very personal for us. Some may have a bigger 'meaning' than others, but still. And, a little readjustment: the 10th song on the second CD, the song from Dawn Penn, has to be 'I do love you (yes, yes, yes)' instead of 'You don't love me (no, no, no)'. But it's a nice reggae song, so why shouldn't I put in on the CD? My boyfriend already knows I love him (a lot!).

{ I can show you his birthday present on my blog because he doesn't know about the existence of it! And irie means 'to be at total peace with your current state of being; the way you feel when you have no worries'. }

No comments:

Post a Comment